Gasoline dye

Thanks for the replies . I didn't think it would be such a vexed question . Certainly a lot of good and practical solutions though .
I suppose I just need to be more vigilant and top up more often . The tank really is not conducive to dipping or peering into . It really is a pita , a wide fill cap , not so bad , but then a baffle and tight bend less than an inch below the neck . It's not easy to fill and overflows in an instant .
If the fuelnadditives don't work I might try to find a fuel resistant foam of a dark colour . If I can cut a piece and get it into the tank I may be able to see it floating at the surface, might be easier than crawling around on my hands and knees peering closely while shaking the machine.

Our JD Z-turn is the same way, no way to tell how much is in it. Every time my wife gets done mowing, she parks it outside to cool off, and before I put it away, I fill it. It doesn't hold enough to mow twice, but plenty to do it once. I use one of the modern gas cans that vents through the spout, just shove it down the filler neck on the tank, when it's full the gas quits flowing, works great!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back