FWD engagement n 4253

It started out not engaging without trying multiple times now it won't engage at all. Don't think it's mechanical because it pulled good when it did engage. I replaced the switch, and the light comes on, but it still isn't engaging. Is there a solenoid somewhere that needs replaced?
thanks, Andy

It started out not engaging without trying multiple times now it won't engage at all. Don't think it's mechanical because it pulled good when it did engage. I replaced the switch, and the light comes on, but it still isn't engaging. Is there a solenoid somewhere that needs replaced?
thanks, Andy
If it has a switch, it likely has something for a solenoid or solenoid valve. Where, or what other things to check out, should be in the service manual, you might want to get one. Hopefully someone will be along with your answer. I looked in the parts book for a bit and didn't locate what or where it is. There are multiple transmission options which may come into play as well in determining what and where the issue is. Have you checked for loose and/or dirty electrical connectors? Sometimes those can be a problem.

If it has a switch, it likely has something for a solenoid or solenoid valve. Where, or what other things to check out, should be in the service manual, you might want to get one. Hopefully someone will be along with your answer. I looked in the parts book for a bit and didn't locate what or where it is. There are multiple transmission options which may come into play as well in determining what and where the issue is. Have you checked for loose and/or dirty electrical connectors? Sometimes those can be a problem.
Thanks

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back