Ford 3600 Manuals and parts list.

Hello all! I am a brand new owner of a 1972 Ford 3600. It was a municipality tractor I picked up at auction and The municipality bought it new. I have a couple manuals, parts catalog's, and service records going all the way back to when they brought it in for stickering and inventory. I was wondering since everything is in such immaculate condition I was going to scan all the manuals and then the service records. Where would be the best place to put this kind of information? The reason I want to do service records as well is they show what went wrong where and what parts where ordered or work done to fix and replace items. its a treasure trove of information and I would hate for it all to just go to waste just to live in my desk.

As a side note reading the manual it says there is a coolant heater spot that can be plugged into a 110 outlet. I dont see that available on yesterday tractors parts lists under the misc tab for the 3600. Is there a different tool I can get for this? The tractor has a heater start function and that fired right up after it sitting on the trailer in 8 degrees all night. But I know it gets cold here and my barn isnt heated. let me know your thoughts or what I can do!

AN electric block heater wasn't a stock item, but they could be added. If the Thermostart feature works in 8 degree temperatures then you probably don't need a block heater.

AN electric block heater wasn't a stock item, but they could be added. If the Thermostart feature works in 8 degree temperatures then you probably don't need a block heater.
Sorry I didn't mean an electric block heater but a Heater Element for the coolant. In the manual it calls it a Coolant Emersion Heater (accessory) so I was hoping to buy something similar to it.
1000001790.jpg

Sorry I didn't mean an electric block heater but a Heater Element for the coolant. In the manual it calls it a Coolant Emersion Heater (accessory) so I was hoping to buy something similar to it.View attachment 1879
Just different names for the same thing. Block heater is the commonly used name for a "Heater Element for the coolant" or "coolant immersion heater". These mount the heating element inside the block coolant jacket through a port in the block. Tank or circulating heaters are mounted externally and have an inlet and an outlet hose to coolant ports on the engine. Then there are heaters that install in lower radiator hoses and magnetic heaters.

You can buy one from third party companies. They install in place of one of the welsh plugs, which some folks call "freeze plugs". Just measure the diameter of the plug and order one. There's not a lot of space behind the plug, so you need one that makes a right angle turn shortly after it enters the block. But as I said, if it's starting fine at -8 degrees with the Thermostart, then I wouldn't bother.

Hello all! I am a brand new owner of a 1972 Ford 3600. It was a municipality tractor I picked up at auction and The municipality bought it new. I have a couple manuals, parts catalog's, and service records going all the way back to when they brought it in for stickering and inventory. I was wondering since everything is in such immaculate condition I was going to scan all the manuals and then the service records. Where would be the best place to put this kind of information? The reason I want to do service records as well is they show what went wrong where and what parts where ordered or work done to fix and replace items. its a treasure trove of information and I would hate for it all to just go to waste just to live in my desk.

As a side note reading the manual it says there is a coolant heater spot that can be plugged into a 110 outlet. I dont see that available on yesterday tractors parts lists under the misc tab for the 3600. Is there a different tool I can get for this? The tractor has a heater start function and that fired right up after it sitting on the trailer in 8 degrees all night. But I know it gets cold here and my barn isnt heated. let me know your thoughts or what I can do!
GOOGLE ''Zerostart 3100133".

You can buy one from third party companies. They install in place of one of the welsh plugs, which some folks call "freeze plugs". Just measure the diameter of the plug and order one. There's not a lot of space behind the plug, so you need one that makes a right angle turn shortly after it enters the block. But as I said, if it's starting fine at -8 degrees with the Thermostart, then I wouldn't bother.
It was 8 all night but by morning it warmed back up to 15. not in the negatives yet and hopefully not for awhile! I'm going to have to see which plug is the one I am supposed to access. Been reading the operators manual and I'm glad I did learning alot on proper maintenance and running the tractor.

I have a 4 drawer cabinet, like you used to find in an office and in it I retain my equipment manuals of all types. On tractor related manuals, they are in a separate drawer and I keep a service record either on the back of the cover (if blank) and or if filled up or not blank insert a piece of paper under the cover of one of the manuals. One of my sets of manuals covers my 1980 3600 I recently purchased.......a fine tractor and nice updates and amenities over my 1965 3000.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back