Finally got the jib crane installed

super99

Now to get stuff cleared out so I can get a tractor under it
IMG_2490.jpeg

What is the lift capacity of that jib crane. It would certainly be stornger if it had angle bracing. Knowing myself, I would probably try to lift more than I should.
The number of cross members sure helps, but I agree the triangle is needed. a couple of plates maybe 4 inches by 3/8 thick and 3 ft long welded to opposite sides of the vertical "ladder" and extending 1/2 its length above the top pivot, with a cable and turn buckle from its top to the far end of the boom would be nice. Jim

It appears to be a commercially made unit designed for up to a specific load. Not homemade.

Why cobble it up so that you can exceed the designed load capacity. Which requires more changes than just adding of more steel on the boom.

If your employer did that. would you be willing to stand under it while you hoisted an item that is beyond the rated capacity?

Nice Jib and nice job of installation. We had 18 jib cranes in the shop. Couple things that we did that you may want to do:
-make sure it is dead level so jib swings easy in both directions and doesnt want to travel to one spot on its own.
-ensure you have a good stop at the end of boom so trolley can in no way come off the end.
- good idea to mark the capacity on the boom somewhere. It is actually a OHSA requirment in industrial establishment and a heck of a good idea anywere.
In looking at your picture it looks like it needs another vertical support at the outer end of boom? When the trolley/hoist is right out at the end it is just relying on the strength of the bottom member.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back