Farmall M stand mount point

Has anyone used the forward drawbar mount point as a location to mount stands? I am considering drilling holes to match in a steel crossmember then bolting it to the tractor and using stands to support it. I have tall welded stands which I have used for this kind of work before. I am just wondering if anyone has used this idea before. It seems like a good stable point especially if you have a lot of axle work planned.
mvphoto111897.jpg

A 3-1/2 foot long 6 inch heavy angle iron with 9/16 or 5/8 thickness would be perfect. I made a 3pt hitch and used it for a cross member to locate the forward ends of the arms. Jim

I would probably use a square tube with 1/4 inch walls drill the holes to fit the casting then drill holes for the socket to fit the bolts you can then tighten them through the tube that way very easily. No real structural integrity lost and would only go about 3 ft long. If you set your tires to a 60 inch center you will only be able to clear about 36 inches between the tires or a bit more. You only straddle 2 rows on that setting and it will take less shed space and be just as stable as the other way that everybody uses with the dish out.

The stands we had used the threaded hole on each side of the case. Never had any issues doing axle work, and didnt have to crawl underthe tractor to install.

When i made my umbrella mount, i bought another set of rear axle mounts, installed them on the outside of the drawbar mounts, put the square pipe up, and welded the umbrella mount to that,when i take the umbrella off, zip off the mounting bracket, put it in storage, until next year!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back