CIH parts site

Doc 2

Trying to look up part numbers for a 400 on the CIH parts site. Last week I noticed the model is listed but if you go to the model page, no parts are listed. Same is true for 450, 560, Super M, and Case 400. Tractors just a bit newer have full listings. I tried different computers, different browsers, pop ups off, and my Ipad all with same results. Is this just my computers or have others noticed this also. Thanks. Brian.
CIH parts

Works the same from here.

They are always mucking around with that site, and never for the better, it seems.

Parts lookup for the ''400'' DOES work on the Messicks site.

Have you checked that out?

I have not tried Messick's for parts. I look up trouble codes for our newer equipment regularly though. I will try that. Thanks. Brian

Most of the parts for such a tractor are no longer in production so the manufacturer opts to simply delete references accordingly. Supposedly, too many people because of including pages of obsolete parts were calling dealers about said obsolete parts and were getting belligerent about it. So now as a consequence those diagrams are no longer available to even use as a reference or assembly guide.

2 weeks ago all the parts listings were there then 1 week ago poof, all gone. Found what I needed to know at Messick's.

I was looking for distributor springs, got a bad one and running way advanced. Bates had them for eighty some dollars. Found the number at Messick's and same price. Found a CIH part number for twelve dollar spring set, discontinued, replaced by expensive one. Found the same thing with valve cover gasket. Found on CIH ordered that part number from dealer, eight dollars. Part came and 44 dollars. same numerical number, suffix changed from B to C. Told them to keep it.

Found an old post about the springs and the suggestion was to order a distributor recurve kit form Accel and use the light springs. It's on the way. Thanks for the replies. Brian

CIH unfortunately purged the part numbers from their system a few years ago that are no longer in production. Messicks usually has the numbers listed,although I have resorted to ordering parts manuals for all of the equipment that we have since a fair amount of it is now falling into the old or antique category. Most times I can take the original part number and plug it in online to shop around for what I need.

This is a different problem from removing parts numbers for NLA parts. The parts pages are simply blank. I noticed this last week looking up information on a 300U.

I presume it's a glitch and will eventually be corrected. Wailing and gnashing of teeth is wholly unnecessary. These things happen.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back