Cart for Olds engine

ADB-Ia

I'm on the board of our local pioneer farm. We have a several hit and miss engines - one Olds that is in very good original condition. We would like to make a cart for it so it is easier to move around. Any ideas about where to find some nice steel wheels/axles in SE Iowa for this build?

Wheels is where you find 'em! I get mine at farm auctions, or by combing the local scrapyards. Online sales often turn up old implements that have good wheels but little else. Put a call out amongst your members and patrons for some as a tax deductible donation and see what that brings.

You could place a ''Wanted'' ad in the classified section here too.

Try asking over at the SMOKSTAK website- there might be a guy over there with just the cart you need, or can tell you the exact dimensions of an original Seager-Olds cart.
cvphoto147526.jpg

Thanks for the ideas. That Olds sure shined up nice! I've been around antique tractors for a while but new to the stationary engine side of things. It is interesting watching our local engine guy getting these things running. We also have a Woods Brothers steam engine that I'm learning a lot about. Old dogs learning new tricks!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back