carbide burrs

caterpillar guy

I'm looking for a 3/4 carbide burr for opening up welded holes. What is the real difference between a 10.00 burr and a 50.00or 100.00 dollar burr is there that much of a quality difference? I already have a 1/2 inch burr I got for something like 5or10 dollars a few years ago that has worked well for what I use it for now I need a 3/4 they work better than trying to drill out welded up holes without breakage also when through the hole is still the size needed like a drill bit would do. A tapered one like as they describe it a tree shape would work easiest for this. Thanks

Jim would not the variation from the weld break the reamers versus the burr to smooth out the weld either first or to complete the hole from the weld. I used a 7014 rod so not a tough alloy type rod used for this. I looked at your reamers and thus the question posed.

I'm looking for a 3/4 carbide burr for opening up welded holes. What is the real difference between a 10.00 burr and a 50.00or 100.00 dollar burr is there that much of a quality difference? I already have a 1/2 inch burr I got for something like 5or10 dollars a few years ago that has worked well for what I use it for now I need a 3/4 they work better than trying to drill out welded up holes without breakage also when through the hole is still the size needed like a drill bit would do. A tapered one like as they describe it a tree shape would work easiest for this. Thanks
How about one of these

Guido.

Attachments

• IMG_20240429_203320715~2.jpg
    IMG_20240429_203320715~2.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 36
Jim would not the variation from the weld break the reamers versus the burr to smooth out the weld either first or to complete the hole from the weld. I used a 7014 rod so not a tough alloy type rod used for this. I looked at your reamers and thus the question posed.
A 3/4 inch burr in a hole, if held solid in a gear drill press, would work. If a pilor hole was drilled prior to finla finishing (using a 3/8 spot weld drill) I think it would work well. Hand held not a chance. Guido poses the same tool. Jim

I didn't weld the holes shut just built up around the side so lots of variation along the sides reason I am questioning the reamer . Thought a tapered burr would just let me open the holes up and smooth them out on the sides to either drill them or just fit the pins.
Thanks for the ideas.

I didn't weld the holes shut just built up around the side so lots of variation along the sides reason I am questioning the reamer . Thought a tapered burr would just let me open the holes up and smooth them out on the sides to either drill them or just fit the pins.
Thanks for the ideas.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back