825 Belarus

Moos

Does anyone out there know anything about the Belarus tractor? I know they are very crudely built, but how are they for durability? Looking at a 825. Looks like it would make a nice loader tractor.

We had a 5140? for a number of years. Canadian version of a 825. Worked well for us. Did some farming, moved a lot of snow, and got worked really hard as an end loader that it wasnt designed to be. Its demise was a broken transmission case, but I dont hold it against the tractor for how it was being used. Other than that, had one shift fork fail from a poor weld, and put in a clutch when the throw out bearing went out. Probably would have been fine with just a new bearing.

my neighbor had an 825 years ago he bought new. . i put rings in it also in the 90's . it was the front wheel assist and had a loader. dont think he had much trouble with it. and another nieghbor has one here also. same kind.

Have an 820,open station, with a Westendorf TA-26 loader. Has been a very good tractor, had it 30 years.

If it is in like new condition and cheap, might be a good buy.

They are simple and crude but good on fuel. The design is solid, just often quality control either at the factory or dealer was the issue.

If you can do your own work and can cope with issues you might be happy with it.

Where would yoy ever find any parts or service for them? Here in western Ohio I have in my 80 years only seen a couple and none for years. Don't think what I had seen were even in use.

Parts would be online easy enough now. Very little chance of having local dealer or mechanic unless you knew someone who worked/sold them when new.

They were very common here, but mainly appealed to small hobby farmers or property owners versus larger farms. Dealer support was never a big thing with them, many places sold them for a few years then got out. Rarely they would be sold by a "big name" dealership alongside other makes.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back