74 f100 390 v8

dewy

Whats the pros an cons...of that motor..needs front wind shield rubber.cab looks good, one small hole in floor board..it's a xlt ranger long bed..bed floor is totally gone comes with another good bed...heard it run on bottle on bottle of gas tank is rusted..did not drive owner doesn't know alot about it he said he drove it about twenty miles.want 3900 .do you think that's out on line or good deal...

Chech the lower front corners of the door jams, there and the floor pans are the common rust spots on those cabs
The 390 an 360 are identical on the outside with the 390 being the better engine. Check the valve cover decal to make sure which engine it is
$3900 isn t a bad price if it has a 390 but if it s a 360 the price is about $600-1000 to high
390 is a good engine that should get 12-16 mpg
360 is a low compression engine with good pulling power but fuel mileage will be around 8-11 mpg

I had a 390 with a four barrel Holley on it and got 7 MPG no matter how I drove it. It would pass everything but a gas station.
IMy opinion on price is that it's too much money because you'll need to spend a bunch more on it.
I just bought the 1977 F350 below for 3300. and it needs nothing. Road ready with good tires and brakes. Runs like a top. It'll be a flatbed soon.

(quoted from post at 01:55:39 06/29/23) Whats the pros an cons...of that motor..needs front wind shield rubber.cab looks good, one small hole in floor board..it's a xlt ranger long bed..bed floor is totally gone comes with another good bed...heard it run on bottle on bottle of gas tank is rusted..did not drive owner doesn't know alot about it he said he drove it about twenty miles.want 3900 .do you think that's out on line or good deal...
mvphoto107129.jpg

(quoted from post at 17:55:39 06/28/23) Whats the pros an cons...of that motor..needs front wind shield rubber.cab looks good, one small hole in floor board..it's a xlt ranger long bed..bed floor is totally gone comes with another good bed...heard it run on bottle on bottle of gas tank is rusted..did not drive owner doesn't know alot about it he said he drove it about twenty miles.want 3900 .do you think that's out on line or good deal...

390 is a good engine. But I don't understand people saying there is a big difference between the 360 and 390 - there really isn't much - and hardly enough that you can tell in the pickup engines. I had a 1973 F250 with a 360 that had been rebuilt back in the late 1980s and had seen very little use afterwards. It still had the 2V carburetor but it had a "better" cam. After 3 months of poking around and getting everything running like it should (had been parked for 15 years) it had a LOT more power than anything we had back then - getting a 3rd gear scratch was pretty easy.

It had 16.5 tires that had all gone flat while sitting and a fair amount of rust in the bed. We paid $900 for it and after doing 30 years of maintenance in 3 months we used it to tow hay wagons that summer. With it running good we sold it for $2500 and never looked back.

To be honest most likely you have a 360 in that truck - every 360 I've seen has been represented as an "original" 390. The blocks are all marked 352 and only way you can tell a difference without opening up the engine is 1/4 inch of stroke.

Any head or intake that bolts onto a 390 will bolt onto a 360. (or a 352).

(quoted from post at 07:47:16 06/29/23)
(quoted from post at 01:55:39 06/29/23) Whats the pros an cons...of that motor..needs front wind shield rubber.cab looks good, one small hole in floor board..it's a xlt ranger long bed..bed floor is totally gone comes with another good bed...heard it run on bottle on bottle of gas tank is rusted..did not drive owner doesn't know alot about it he said he drove it about twenty miles.want 3900 .do you think that's out on line or good deal...
mvphoto107129.jpg

We used to have that same truck (paint and trim). Where are you located? Ours had a dented in LH top bed corner from my grandfather dropping his crane hook weight on it. Truck was bought new by my great grandmother. Every option that I remember even the side tool box.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back