530 injector

tpc

New User
Good afternoon. I'm working on a 530. I switched injector pumps with a spare that I had. Tractor ran great but pump leaked from the throttle shaft. I sent original pump out to be rebuilt. I lined the timing lines up in the window on the leaking pump and removed it. I put the rebuilt pump on then I checked the timing lines on it and they were not aligned. I removed the rebuilt pump, rotated it until timing lines were aligned but now the dots (on the end of the shaft and in the slot of the pump) are 180 degrees off. I'm confused and looking for some help as to what to do next.
Thanks

One pump MIGHT have the internal timing plate installed 1/2 turn off. Trace the number one line down to the pump outlet port on both pumps, now turn the rotor until a CLEAN .080 drill bit will enter the port and rotor hole and then see if the timing plate mark is in the opening. If the mark is NOT in the window that pump is assembled wrong internally.

Thanks. In the hayfield all day today. Did locate .080 drill bit. Plan to check them tomorrow. I'll let you know.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back