3020 Front Side weights

ajhbike

I have a set of the side weights that wrap around the front and bolt into the bolster. I don't have any slab plates to attach to these so I don't need to buy the studs...yet, but for now I just want to bolt them into the front...once I get the broken stud out of course. I tried to screw in a normal 3/4" bolt so I can hook up the welder ground and 1.5 turns and I stopped.

Rather than forcing it I thought it best to check first on the size and pitch from you guys.

This post was edited by ajhbike on 11/19/2023 at 02:47 pm.

Buy or borrow a tap 3/4 course and tap the hole, you will need to do the hole once you get the broken piece out.

After hours of trying to build up the broken stud and 3 fails welding a nut onto the build and then tap tap chiseling, I finally got the piece out. Ran a tap through both holes and mounted 1 starter weight. I don't have any slab weights so I will use a 5/8 grade 5 carriage bolt and mount 2 or 3 - 25lb dumbell weights on each side which will get me over 300lbs.

I bolted the starter weight on....is it really necessary to have the special/$60 studs?

mvphoto111858.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back