1947 Farmall A

RWS904

New User
I picked this up from a cousin in central Florida last week. It has been in his wifes family for a number of years but hasnt been started in two years. Need to replace the front tires to get it off the trailer before I do anything else. This will just be for a fun project, it wont see any hard work on our three acre plot.

cvphoto146332.jpg

cvphoto146333.jpg

If that is the manual-lift rock shaft for the one-bottom plow, I need one if you would like to sell it. E-mail is open.

Brian

(quoted from post at 21:22:12 02/01/23) It looks to me like the lever off a #16 mower, somehow transplanted onto this tractor.

I know nothing about this particular tractor, or the model in general. Any information you all are willing to offer up would be greatly appreciated!

(quoted from post at 16:02:51 02/04/23)
(quoted from post at 21:22:12 02/01/23) It looks to me like the lever off a #16 mower, somehow transplanted onto this tractor.

I know nothing about this particular tractor, or the model in general. Any information you all are willing to offer up would be greatly appreciated!
There are several regular contributors here that could probably write a book that responds to that question. I wouldn't expect any of them to do so. I suggest you start with some that already exist: the owners manual, parts catalog, a repair manual. If you ask more specific questions, you will get multiple good replies.

Thats a great project tractor and they are fun to drive. Kind of like a go cart for old guys. I would suggest reining in that alternator with a shorter belt (and bracket) before running it, for safetys sake. Dave

Hi all, my how time flies. Since bringing this home I have made it as far as replacing the front tires to get it off the trailer and determined the starter is bad. Been parked next to my garage ever since. Too many projects to give it the attention it needs. Maybe this winter I’ll be able to rebuild the starter.

Attachments

• IMG_20230314_180917313_HDR.jpeg
    IMG_20230314_180917313_HDR.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
Hi all, my how time flies. Since bringing this home I have made it as far as replacing the front tires to get it off the trailer and determined the starter is bad. Been parked next to my garage ever since. Too many projects to give it the attention it needs. Maybe this winter I’ll be able to rebuild the starter.
My goodness. It's been a while 😭

That kind of looks like some sort of adjustable drawbar. So dont sell anything off of it.At least till you know exactly what it is.Somewhere there is an implement that uses/needs that drawbar. Selling off the handle sort of negates the hitch.

Looks like parts of the mounted plow brackets to me, handle mounted different than I have seen but likely used as the depth control lever for the mounted plow. Mike

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back