12v and Wiring Questions

Ok, 1 more question please. Why is the stock resistor block needed with all my upgraded 12v parts? I guess the coil cant handle the full current?
It also seems odd there are no fuses in the system but I guess the resistor protects from that? Then the lights suppose have their own fuse in the switch.

Thanks
when running/charging, voltage will be near 14.5 v and 14.5/2.5 =5.8 amperes and you want ~4 amperes, so that means coil + resistor needs to be ~3.6 Ohms. These tractors didn't fuse anything. Lights were not factory installed, so there is the fuse. I have no idea why they made that coil 2.5. Most coils rated for 12v are 3-3.25 Ohms.

when running/charging, voltage will be near 14.5 v and 14.5/2.5 =5.8 amperes and you want ~4 amperes, so that means coil + resistor needs to be ~3.6 Ohms. These tractors didn't fuse anything. Lights were not factory installed, so there is the fuse. I have no idea why they made that coil 2.5. Most coils rated for 12v are 3-3.25 Ohms.
Thanks. The stock resistor did measure around 1.1 to 1.2 ohms so that makes sense.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back